Martes, Mayo 21, 2013

WATCH IT!


OH, ME AND MY BIG MOUTH!

 

A wink, sexy look or a look with desire, I never had these kinds of problem but I may have with the “chattering fool”. I may interpret this as given unsolicited advises, thoughtless comments or “honest opinions” which others were not asking for.

Advises, comments and opinions should be given with prompt and should be
solicited first before the distribution. In short, wait for the other person to ask for it before giving it!

Mindless uttering of honest opinions however thoughtful it may be or just a result of concern over the other, I could have ended up hurting other people’s feelings and the pay back is a disaster…worst if the person I hurt started talking behind my back with the intention to destroy my life using negative comments, gossips and lies… then I am at the most dangerous situation. In the bible, King Solomon said:

 

Proverbs 10:10

New International Version (NIV)
10 Whoever winks maliciously causes grief,
    and a chattering fool comes to ruin.
*Powered by Bible Gateway

Kawikaan 10:10 (Tagalog)
Magandang Balita Biblia (TPV)
Ang malilikot na mata ay lagi sa kaguluhan, ang bibig na maluwang hahantong sa kapahamakan.

My entire life could be ruin! My job could be in danger and it would be so painful if my family could get hurt because of it. I could end up blaming “Me and My Big Mouth!” 

Prayer:
Our Heavenly Father, You have always taught me to be honest but you also taught me to love others by being mindful of what I am going to say to my fellowmen…friends, relatives, and family. I am not perfect and there could be times that I could forget this and make a mistake. A talkative person like me is weak; I am going to need a lot of Your help in this area, Dear Lord. Help me soothe the pain I caused to other people as much as You would keep me away from harm. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Lesson Learned:
There is always a proper timing…even with words.

17 komento:

  1. Some people who give "honest" opinions in reality just want to show you how right they are. Some people :)

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. You could be right. Thanks for your views! God bless!

      Burahin
  2. The chattering fool is likely to be the person who talks too much, often placing himself in a compromising situation.

    A lot of times I find myself just keeping mum para walang gulo, pero hindi din naman pwedeng lagi tayong mananahimik na lang. so let's pray for discernment to know when it is appropriate to speak up or be quiet. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  3. I agree with Vera, we should develop discernment. When there's a need to voice out something, speak out but there's a time to shut up also. Sometimes, no matter how we say things, it will still hurt, but it helps in knowing that when we say something that will hurt, we do it out of love pa rin.

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. You are so true, Family can understand when we do it out of love..some close friends too..pero pag kakilala lang some of them would not take it as a concern...I go for vera and King solomon. thanks for comment sis! God bless!

      Burahin
  4. Ooops, I am always reminded to keep quiet when I have nothing good to say and I guess this is the best thing to do, lol.

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. hahaha..nice that you had that one who reminds you! TC! God bless!

      Burahin
  5. Sometimes, we really need to think first before we speak in order to avoid more serious problems. However, most of the times, we don't apply this one. I am guilty about this. hehehe

    TumugonBurahin
  6. Less talk, less mistake nga po, hehe. Pero minsan talagang hindi din natin makontrol ang ating mga bibig. Hehe

    TumugonBurahin
  7. Giving opinion is good, but don't push it, we must learn to respect each other's. Your opinion is always as good as mine.

    TumugonBurahin
  8. I'm trying to control my big mouth from time to time and as much as possible give opinions only when solicited. hehehe

    TumugonBurahin
  9. most of the time i keep my mum and choose not to say my opinion, but if i am ask that is the time I will talk..

    Rosemarie/Gven-Rose

    TumugonBurahin
  10. Words can sometimes be swords, and there are times we use them as weapons. We should learn to be way beyond that and learn when to speak and when not to...

    TumugonBurahin
  11. I agree. When I teach Filipino, I say, 'makapangyarihan ang wika. Maaari itong magbuo o sumira ng isang bansa.'

    TumugonBurahin
  12. ay, sometimes i like that...chattering fool, haha!
    but sometimes naman, i keep mum na lang; wait na lang na hingan ng opinion

    TumugonBurahin
  13. I tend to blurt out sometimes, sometimes, I just think to myself that if I can't say something nice, I just better shut my mouth. Much safer that way.

    TumugonBurahin