Sabado, Setyembre 7, 2013

Useless Wealth

Proverbs 11:4

Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath,
    but righteousness delivers from death.
New International Version (NIV)
 


Kawikaan 11:4 (Tagalog) Magandang Balita Biblia (TPV)
Walang halaga ang yaman sa araw ng kamatayan ngunit ang katuwiran ay naglalayo sa kapahamakan.


I always dreamed of being rich. I wished for the time that we would not work so hard just to be able to provide food to eat and medicine for the family. I wished to have a lot of things and I love to have a lot opportunities to go different places with no worries on our finances.

Not having all of these on hand today makes me sad until the “Pork Barrel scam and Napoles” news break out.

According to Philippine Star news Janet Lim-Napoles, the alleged brains behind the P10-billion pork barrel scam, once again suffered  hypertension attack on her second day at Fort Sto. Domingo in Laguna.
    (Picture courtesy of Philstar.com article)

I learned from the news that she is filthy rich but having all those richness frozen by the government made it useless.

I did envy her for sometime knowing that she had so much. I could have all my dreams come true with all those richness but I would never trade places with her specially in this predicament that she is into right now. I think nobody would like. If she had gotten all her richness in good fate or not, only she can tell but we all know that God knows and I believe God has His ways of exposing the truth one day.

Our verse says,  "ngunit ang katuwiran ay naglalayo sa kapahamakan." I simply wish for the truth to come out to end the misery that this incident had been causing to everybody.

My Prayer
Heavenly Father,  a simple me is thank you for the little wealth I have... I have a job, a loving family, good kids, handsome loving and God fearing husband :) and few friends that I treasure. Thank you. Lord for the peace of mind, good health and freedom. Thank you for the opportunity to speak, to hear , to play, to eat and go places . Lord, now I see...I have a lot! In Jesus name I pray. Amen

41 komento:

  1. One thing I learned growing up is to never wish to be someone else or have their stuff because we don't know the whole story... It is sad that with all that wealth, she is dealing with health issues and could lose it all in a snap. Great lesson for all of us!
    I love your prayer and I am adopting it as mine too. Thank you God for all the blessings you shower on me, my family, my friends, and the world. Amen.
    Elizabeth

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Nice lesson you have learn there and I think a good way to adopt. Thank you for loving the prayer. To God be the glory! God bless!

      Burahin
  2. Amen! Life of simplicity with a peace of mind is what I prefer over luxurious, extravagant life like that of Napoles. Like you po, I sometimes wish I am wealthy enough so I can just stay at home. But I realize I am wealthy and I have not what I need. May God bless and guide us always.

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. I realized we are wealthy in our own ways because God loves us. I am not denying sometimes, I get blinded to in defining what richness is really all about but thanks to God HE made us see...the richness and beauty of life. God bless!

      Burahin
  3. God really has different ways of teaching us and showing us what we need to learn. I hope Napoles saw this too

    TumugonBurahin
  4. Oh, beautiful prayer, Glenda...I sometimes question why others have more than I have and sometimes I wonder why people I know are having so much through not-so-legal means and never get caught....I figured out that for everything, there must be a reason,

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Yes, I also learned that in my journal that for every event in our life- a reason is there and the purpose is served.

      Burahin
  5. I sometimes wish for wealth and just stay with my family and travel with them around the world but I will never trade my life with Napoles who lives extravagantly. God will take away everything eventually from her.

    It really hurt us employees who pay taxes religiously while these people are taking that money we worked so hard away for their own personal use.

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Knowing that my taxes went to the wrong hands- I got hurt too. There are so many problems and concerns we are facing and only a few are benefiting from our contributions..sad :(

      Burahin
  6. yes, indeed i agree. very beautiful prayer.
    I would rather live a simple yet happy life with my family and friends. I must admit, too, that sometimes, I dream of having a wealthy life but then again, I realize that I am already wealthy, wealthy with the love and care that I get from the people around me. That's enough for me. I know God provides what we need if we continue to have faith in Him and do good things. God bless you, Ms. Glenda. Thanks for sharing this. Love it!

    TumugonBurahin
  7. We discuss how Napoles' ill-gotten wealth led her into danger, too. Ironic, isn't it? The one thing she strived to get led her into this pit.

    I'm not ashamed to say I want to live a financially-free lifestyle. However, I don't want to live a lavish life. There's a difference between the two that sadly not all people understand.

    TumugonBurahin
  8. i feel the same too. i am thankful for what i already have and focus on my "treasures" like my family, my talents, and my few true friends.

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. A very light, happy and wonderful feeling indeed, Ms. Farida! :)

      Burahin
  9. Amen! The world is really full of webs of temptation. We really need the Lord by our side every day.

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Every single day, hour, minute, second of our lives. :)

      Burahin
  10. I don't think I can't ever be as rich as her - hindi ko kayang sarilinin yung ganun kalaking pera. hehe. but kidding aside, not all the wealth in the world can give her peace of mind.

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Yes, in fact her wealth is the the roots of her misery now.

      Burahin
  11. nice prayer.. i don't wish to be rich like her but i wish i have enough money to support my needs and my family's needs

    Rosemarie/Gven-Rose

    TumugonBurahin
  12. stress na ksi si napoles kaya ayan, kun ano anong sakit meron. gad! how could other people can even smile and flaunt all their wealth when all their riches came from the tax payers.

    TumugonBurahin
  13. I still believe that money or material things are not the true measure of wealth. There are some that have money, things but they don't have family that will make them happy like me.

    TumugonBurahin
  14. I still believe that money or material things are not the true measure of wealth. There are some that have money, things but they don't have family that will make them happy like me.

    TumugonBurahin
  15. Hay naku Janet Napoles, see what karma has given you. They thought money has no limits. Well, if those senators will get away with this again, don't worry, God will judge them after death hahaha!

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. I agree with you! God knows everything and will end everything in HIS time!

      Burahin
  16. I couldn't agree more Sis. Life is what we make it and we decide on our own happiness. We could be happy in every simple thing that we have. Happiness is a mindset. Love your prayer, too Sis. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  17. Naalis ng may-ari ang komentong ito.

    TumugonBurahin
  18. I always see myself winning a lottery and being rich, but I'm more contented with my life right now with my family and friends surrounds me. Thanks for your wonderful prayer:)

    TumugonBurahin
  19. Her billions could not make her live forever... sooner or later she'll die and she could not bring her wealth where ever her soul will be.

    God knows the truth and nothing ca be hid from Him so His judgment will always be righteous and fair.

    TumugonBurahin
  20. In line with the Napoles issue is the Zamboanga Crisis 2013, which we also thought was a diversionary tactic. But, the crisis has grown deeper and longer and we can't even see the end of it at this time. Armed conflict is an equalizer... WEALTH is still worthless in the day of wrath since the bullet does not chose whether you are rich or poor. But somehow, there is still use of WEALTH when this is shared to the less fortunate in our time of the Humanitarian Crisis!

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Yes, it is, Sis! If all the wealth were place in good deeds like these...heaven would be rejoicing!

      Burahin
  21. I think, there's nothing to envy with Janet Napoles! Just like all of us, her riches couldn't bring her to heaven. I'm hoping this pork barrel issue will be solved soon.

    TumugonBurahin
  22. Wealth or having all the money in the world for your own benefit doesn't really provide all our needs. I'd rather work my butt off with a small amount of salary, instead of hoarding money that isn't even mine. At least I can be proud that the money i'm spending came from all my hard work. Plus, even if I had that much money, I make sure I share my blessings by helping other people, or my family at least.

    TumugonBurahin
  23. Oh, learned long ago that one need not be rich to be happy. I always root for happiness more than wealth. But, once in a while (tao lang), I envy those who can afford things I cannot have.

    TumugonBurahin